Posts Tagged Messaging
So, I had this issue: my Father-in-Law had replaced his iPhone with a Samsung Galaxy III. However, my iPhone insisted on sending iMessages to him even though his mobile number had been ported across to the new phone. This led to messages never getting to him or failing.
So, for those of you who don’t know, if you send an iMessage from your iPhone and it is struggling to get through (classic example of this occurring was during the Boxing Day Sales at our local shopping centre… too many people have iPhones these days :P), you can hold your finger down on the iMessage bubble and you will get the option to “Send as Text Message”.
This is great! However, you don’t want to have to do this EVERY time you want to text someone who has broken their shackles and fled the Apple Eco-system. After a bit of searching, I discovered on a forum that after you force a number of iMessage txts to “Send as Text Message”, your iPhone gets the point, and stops sending iMessage texts to that person (though no one could agree how many texts that needed to be forced).
My solution to this is simple:
- On your iPhone, go to the Message app.
- Tap the “New Message” icon.
- In the To field, select the Contact that you wish to stop sending texts via iMessage to.
- In the message field, type “?” and tap the Send button.
- Hold your finger on the new text “bubble” and select “Send as Text Message”.
- Repeat Step 4 & Step 5 until your iPhone stops trying to automatically send your texts to that Contact via iMessage.